You will learn about email and email support in the blog. Email or Electronic mail, can easily be define as an electronic medium of exchanging Images, files or text messages between 2 or more Individuals across all computer networks via Internet network.
Though more emails were transmitted by the Year 1966 than Postal mail. However, first ever Email was sent in 1971 by Ray Tomlinson an American Programmer to himself as through ARPANET, First Server to send mail between users on different host connected to ARPANET.
Explaining Email Address & Breakdown
Example – email@example.com
First Part of an email Address i.e. xyz before @techsupport.com, contains the name or alias of a person, Group, department or a company
Next ‘@’ is required in all SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) Email Addresses. It is a divider in Email Address.
And finally techsupport.com is the domain where the user belongs
How to use Email Service – Email Support
It is simple to use Email service these days or send and receive a message through an Email Client like Mozilla Thunderbird and MS Outlook etc.
While using an Email client a Server that stores and delivers your message is used, and it is often hosted by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) but can be a different internet company.
Web Email service or webmail is the most popular way of sending Email for most of us.
To use webmail just open any of your browser and type the domain of your Email like if you have email from Google then you have to open www.gmail.com
You can create these are free accounts on Hotmail (Outlook), Gmail, Yahoo mail etc.
How to write an Email – Email Support
Checkout below how to compose or write a valid email :
- To ___. The Field where you enter the name (email Address) of a person you want to send the mail to. (Can have more than 1 recipient )
- From___. Your email address should be visible in this blank space.
- And then it’s the Subject___. It is basically the main content or a short description of the message , and your recipient can see the headline of what the main message is all about
- CC___. Now this is the Carbon Copy of your message. In this space you can select email address of people who you want to show to whom you are sending the main message to and the contents of your message including all other CC’d to email addresses in the list.
- BCC___. In this the recipients are secret. So the recipients, you select in the BCC list, will not be able to see the email addresses of other recipients for the same message.
- At last Message body. This is where you write the main content or the description of your message.
- And Finally your Signatures at the bottom.
Press Send message.
Advantages of Email
Email has surpassed the postal mail because the whole process is instant from composing & sending messages to receiving them.
- It is Free for all (Requires Internet).
- You can it deliver Globally to any country in the world
- you can send an attachment along with the message i.e. Pictures ,documents etc
- Hassle free storage capabilities on any back up electronically
- Its indeed Environment friendly as the process does not require paper.